AKG Performance Parts for BMW
BMW Rear Upper Shock Mount Bushings, Poly 85A – E90, E92, E82
These BMW E90, E92, E82 Polyurethane (85A) Rear Upper Shock Mount Bushings are true, performance rear shock mounts that drastically reduce the deflection that occurs with the factory upper rear shock mount bushings. The stock shock mount bushings deflect under load – negatively affecting the rear shock damping, especially with a modified suspension and increased shock valving. Upgrading your factory shock mount bushings to our BMW E90, E92, E82 polyurethane (85A) rear upper shock mount bushings will drastically reduce this movement, helping to keep the rear shock in place so that it may operate properly.
These medium 85A durometer polyurethane BMW E90, E82 upper rear shock mount bushings are our street-spec compound bushings (as opposed to our performance-spec 95A compound). They are designed for those who want to retain a relatively comfortable ride with slightly improved performance over the stock oem bushings. We recommend pairing these rear upper shock mount bushings with our BMW Poly Rear Lower Shock Mounts to eliminate movement at the bottom of the shock as well, for the ultimate in performance and reliability.
IMPORTANT: The 10mm/12mm sizing refers to the inner diameter of the shock mount sleeve. The size of your shock dictates which size you need (OEM is usually 10mm; aftermarket shocks vary and must be measured). If you aren’t sure which size you need, measure the OD of the top threaded portion of the shock, or check with the manufacturer.
About Our 85A Polyurethane
Our U.S. Military Spec 85A durometer compound has elasticity and memory. This exclusive compound allows us to manufacture a bushing with superior performance characteristics that is free from the deformation which plastic bushings (Delrin, UHMW) are very prone to. Perfect for street-going cars which do not have large increases in horsepower over stock.
AKG bushings are the only performance bushings for BMW molded in the USA under ISO 9001:2015 certified quality standards – the gold standard in manufacturing. Our exclusive Mil-Spec polyurethane raw stock costs up to 5x that of the cheap poly and plastic used by others. All of our bushings are formed with our very own precision molds through a meticulous, state of the art molding process – providing the quality, reliability and consistent performance our parts are known for. Read why our polyurethane bushings are the highest quality bushings available.
Product Construction & Features:
- Made of our exclusive U.S. Military Spec polyurethane (85A hardness) with 6061-T6 aluminum sleeves. Our raw stock poly costs up to 5x the cheap stuff used by others.
- The ORIGINAL American-made two-piece encapsulating shock mount bushings for BMW E90, E82! Our symmetrical design locks the component in place, eliminating movement along its axes to increase performance.
- The only bushings for BMW molded in the USA under ISO 9001:2015 certified standards.
- Each bushing is precision molded and then CNC finished for a perfect fit.
- Engineered to out last & out perform any other bushing.
- Designed by experts with over 35 years of BMW race prep experience.
- Easy installation with simple tools.
- Lifetime warranty – Built to be the last bushings you’ll ever buy
- Set of two upper rear shock mount bushings.
Original AKG design. Learn more about Genuine AKG Parts.
Recommended Use: TRACK / PERFORMANCE
NVH Increase: Low
Designed for the following models:
BMW E90 E92 E93 (2006-2013) 325, 328, 330, 335 (NOT M3)
BMW E82 E88 (2008+) 128, 135 (NOT 1M)
Made in USA